South West Healthcare Community Advisory Group
South West Healthcare is a sub-regional health service offering a range of services for over 110,000 people living across 26,000 square kilometres across five local government areas in South West Victoria.
South West Healthcare comprises two public hospital sites (Warrnambool and Camperdown), mental health services, an aged care facility and five community health sites. The principal campus of South West Healthcare is Warrnambool Base Hospital.
The Minister for Health, Hon Jill Hennessy MP recently announced the establishment of a Community Advisory Group to ensure community needs are at the centre of any future works at South West Healthcare. Mr James Purcell, Member for Western Victoria MP, will Chair the Community Advisory Group.
The Community Advisory Group will work in partnership with South West Healthcare and the Department of Health and Human Services and will provide leadership in promoting community participation and advocacy. It will act as advisor of community related issues to South West Healthcare and the department and will provide a ‘bridge’ to the wider community during the course of the redevelopment.
The Group's role in planning for the redevelopment will include the following:
- Helping to promote community participation principles.
- Providing a forum for community debate about community needs at South West Healthcare.
- Ensuring that planning maintains a patient/consumer focus.
- Providing a community perspective on innovations of care delivery.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to promote the planning for the redevelopment within the wider community.
- Input into the development of design principles.
Nominations are currently being sought for the SWH CAG, with a closing date of Friday 21 April 2017. The Terms of Reference and Nomination Form can be downloaded using the links below. For copies of these forms, or for further information, you can also call 03 9096 2019 or email email@example.com.
Procedures South West Healthcare CAG - Terms of reference (Microsoft Word document, 136 KB)
Terms of Reference for the GVH Community Advisory Group
Procedures South West Healthcare CAG - Nomination form (Microsoft Word document, 114 KB)
Nomination Form for the GVH Community Advisory Group