Standard post occupancy evaluation report
Below is the framework for the standard POE report, with briefing comments outlining the content required.
- Executive summary
- purpose of the evaluation - this should note who has commissioned the study and the purpose of the study.
- Project information - this should summarise the key project information for the health facility that is the subject of the POE. It should also supply in a standard format the information that summarises the project implementation parameters including:
- the total project cost, at PFP, PDP stages then the final cost at project completion
- program of works including start and finish dates - both as estimated at PDP stage and the final result
- details of the project team that implemented the project
- details of the contractor and the procurement method used
- any other project information relevant to the study and that is collected by the general information proforma.
- Participants in the evaluation:
- list of the POE team members and their respective roles
- list the stakeholder representatives and their roles within the health service.
- Outline the methodology used:
- set out a summary of the site visits, questionnaires, interviews and workshops used to gather stakeholder feedback, documentation may be included in appendices to the report as required
- provide a summary of those who were interviewed or attended the workshop
- provide a summary of the feedback collected and of any issues that require referral the Department of Health and Human Services - for further input or advice.
- Data collection and analysis:
- tools used - comment on the data collection tools and any of the fields or areas not used and reasons for this. Where relevant note any particular techniques that were required to obtain results, note any issues arising from use of the data collection tools, where these required modification to achieve their purpose.
- quantitative data collection:
- completed data collection templates in hard copy and soft copy
- conclusions drawn from analysis including those that have been assessed further in qualitative terms.